Pages

Tuesday, August 27

WOD 1: Familiar

Today's Word of the Day (WOD) = FAMILIAR.

It's amazing how comfortable it feels to be in front of a group of students.  Talking, teaching, discussing, helping, explaining, sharing, directing, guiding, modeling, reading, lecturing, reviewing... I am so grateful that it comes very natural to me.

I remember my very first day of teaching - the bell rang that signaled the start of first period, and BOOM! about 25 faces all faced me expectantly, waiting for me to say something, to do something.  I remember sweating a lot that day as I stumbled my way through introductions and class procedures.  The first day of Year 2 was better, but I still felt nervous jitters as I started each class, hoping and praying that I would be able to make it through the day.

Today, though, was different.  Right on time, the bell rang at 8:25 AM, and BOOM! I became Mrs. Ryan, High School English and Spanish teacher.

Today felt good.  It felt familiar.  Like coming home and being with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment