Pages

Sunday, September 9

flat on the floor

the past two weeks of school have kicked my trash.  and this weekend was just the icing on the cake in terms of completely wiping me out, zapping me of all my physical, mental and emotional energy... but in the best way possible, of course.

for the past 6 months or more, i have been part of a committee to plan a church-sponsored regional young single adult conference.  the conference - which was this weekend - was a resounding success, thanks to everyone who attended and served in numerous ways.  i had a lot of fun putting everything together and making sure people had a good time. one of the drawbacks to being on the planning and executing end of a big event, though, is that you are usually the first to arrive and the last to leave.  i was at the church until midnight on friday, and then until midnight-thirty on saturday.  i started the event on very little sleep, and our late nights and early mornings have not helped my sleep-deprivation status.

last night, when i finally got into bed around one-ish, i instantly zonked out, my body aching and my mind reeling.  when i woke up early this morning, i remembered very clearly my dream from the previous night:  i was at a dance (we had had a dance on saturday night at the conference), talking with guy friends and girl friends... and then somehow i ended up flat on the floor, face-down, unable to move.  people came over to try to help me up, but i wouldn't budge.  i remember my cheek being pressed firmly to the floor, wanting to remain in my catatonic and paralyzed state forever.

and that's when i woke up.  what i can't figure out, though, is if someone pushed me to the ground, or if i simply fell over on my own accord.  i'm pretty sure it was the latter.

here's hoping i can recover from an excellent (but exhausting) weekend.  i have a feeling more just like it are in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment