Pages

Tuesday, March 1

MATCHED by Ally Condie

Just finished reading the most incredible novel.... and I feel like my head is about to explode, that is how amazing it was.  

It's all about freedom and choice and love. The freedom to choose who* we love. And the freedom to love whom* we choose.

So different than other teen dystopian novels. This one is beautifully written. The English major in me wanted to underline and take notes  and cross-reference and annotate. The English teacher in me wondered how I would I teach this to a class.  

So lyrical and so clean and so sweet. And sooooo good.

And of course, it's the first in a trilogy. Hence, I feel like my head (and my heart) is about to explode. November can't come soon enough.

*Who? Whom? I'm still trying to figure out that rule...

1 comment: