Pages

Saturday, July 17

1 (week) down, 4 (weeks) to go

Started classes again this week. And what a week it's been.

  • Hosted a little World Cup fiesta on Sunday with some of my Dallas amigos. Good food (taco salads, oatmeal-chocolate-toffee cookies, strawberry shortcake). Good friends (so glad I have people I can hang out with when I go home). And a GREAT game (so proud of La Roja).
  • Whenever I make a trip home to Dallas, I usually come back to Austin with a truck-load of hand-me-downs and cast-aways from Mom and Dad.  This time I came back with a couch.  Had a little help from R&T in Dallas (thank you, thank you)... but when I arrived in Austin, the task of carrying the couch up two flights of stairs fell to me and B. Let's just say that my arms were jelly for the next couple of days.
  • Woke up (relatively) early on Monday morning, got some stuff done around the house, and then headed to campus for my first class at noon. Only, it didn't start at noon. It started at 10. Yup. I was two hours late to my first class of the semester. And yup. I'm in college.
  • Spotted the Birthday Suit Bicyclist again. Seriously, completely naked (granted, he was wearing some sort of g-string thingy), riding a bike down the street.  This town is weird.
  • The Summer TV Season has officially begun: The Closer, White Collar, Covert Affairs, Psych, Burn Notice, Royal Pains. And I quote: "TV is my life… wait, TV is my boyfriend.”
  • Training for Ragnar has begun. This whole runnin' thing, man... it is not a walk in the park. (And to redeem myself for the above bullet point, I watch my shows while I'm running, so I'm not a complete couch potato.)
  • Dinner and a movie with M&H last night. OH MY GOODNESS. Inception completely blew my mind. So well done, excellent acting, incredible special effects, phenomenal story. The BEST movie I've seen in a really, really, really long time.
  • Love my new place.  And the best part? I get to spend my Friday and Saturday afternoons doing this:

No comments:

Post a Comment