Pages

Wednesday, May 20

The Slow Burn... or, A Painful Lesson Learned...

So I went kayaking yesterday with three wonderful friends (pictures forthcoming).  It was great fun - lots of laughs, clear blue skies, excellent workout.

We were out on the lake for almost two hours....and it was really sunny.  And my skin hasn't had that much direct sunlight in many, many months.  And like an idiot I didn't put on any sunscreen.  By the afternoon I knew I had burned myself pretty good.  It wasn't until the evening that I realized just how bad it was.  This isn't just a normal bad sunburn - I deep-fried extra-crispified myself so bad that I'm scared of permanent scars on my legs.

So, the moral of the story is:  THE SUN IS HOT.  IT WILL BURN YOU.  DON'T BE STUPID.  ALWAYS WEAR SUNSCREEN.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh. I hate, hate, hate those types of burns.

    Yogurt (plain yogurt) takes the sting out of sunburns better than anything I know. I'm still grateful to the dermatologist who taught me that.

    Let it sit on the burn for a while, and then rinse it off.

    Hope it feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete