Pages

Sunday, May 31

Crossing over to the Dark Side...

It's official.  I am now a Mac User....and I love it!

My trusty Dell laptop has been dying a slow and painful death for the past six months and I knew the end was near.  My program at UT requires all students to have a Mac laptop by the third semester (which, for me, won't be until next year), so I figured I might as well jump on the bandwagon a little early.

And WOW.  This thing is so cool!  I'm still trying to figure out all of the shortcut keys and where to find things (what's up with this Command button? and why can't I right-click on anything?!), but so far I am very pleased with my investment.

I will admit that I do feel a little bit like a traitor - I grew up on PCs and Dells and have used them for so long that I feel like I've sold out.  I also feel bad because I have many friends who work at Dell in Austin.  However, my guilt does not outweigh my jubilation at having a computer that actually works, one with really cool applications like iPhoto and....and..... yeah.  iPhoto is about the only application I've figured out how to use, but I'm sure the rest are just as cool!

I'm still trying to decide on a name for my new inanimate friend.  The final contenders are CONSTANTINE, STRIDER and CASTIEL.  Any thoughts?  Which one do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment