Pages

Sunday, May 17

My New Summer Goal...

So there are a ton of things that I would like to accomplish this summer: start playing the piano again, finally finish organizing my memorabilia, have grand adventures with my great friends here in Austin, get a lovely tan from the hot Texas sun, do well in my classes, read the books I already have and try not to buy (too many) more, work on my latest needlepoint project, be healthy. The list is never-ending, and I know that I will be extremely busy with school and a part-time job, but I'm hoping to do a little bit of everything.

In order to help me with that last one ("be healthy"), I have a new goal. I don't know if I'll actually do it, but at least for right now I am determined. I am still trying to figure out the details....but here it is:



That's right. I want to learn how to box. I have no desire to actually spar with someone in a ring, but I do want to learn how to throw punches and jabs and kicks. Other than the health benefits of a really good resistance workout, I figure it will be an excellent way to vent frustration (heaven knows I get frustrated very easily). So instead of wasting hours upon hours of watching entire seasons of TV on DVD or eating myself into an oblivion or further damaging my eardrums listening to extremely loud rock music, I can take it out on a punching bag. Plus, it just looks like fun....

So there. That is my new goal for this coming summer. The bag itself is actually not that expensive (or at least I thought it would be a lot more expensive) and then I would have to get the gloves. Everlast also has a Beginner Instructional DVD that could help me get started. All very doable. The detail that I am still trying to figure out is where I would hang it in my apartment. This might be the deal-breaker. I have to think if I would be able to rearrange furniture in order to make room for it. It's going to take a little more thought and research and, again, I don't know if I'll actually do it, but for right now I am (somewhat) determined. If anyone has any helpful suggestions or tips into the world of aerobic boxing, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment