Pages

Saturday, July 20

The Con

This post is dedicated to one of my favorite sisters, Ju-Ju-Bee.  Two years behind, but better late than never.  Love you.

Comic-Con International (also known as "The Con"): an annual convention held at the San Diego Convention Center which pay homages to all things pop culture. A mecca for geeks, nerds, fanboys and fangirls, where all definitions of dress code and acceptable social behavior are non-existent. 

Sister Julie and I had been dreaming of attending The Con for years.  In 2011, as a birthday present to ourselves, we finally did it.  Three days of complete insanity.  Neither words nor pictures can adequately describe or capture the scene in which you find yourself at The Con.  Just know that it is *not for the faint of heart.  Also know that there are fans, and there are FANS... and then there are COMIC-CON FANS.

One of the most singular experiences of my life. Would love to do it again some day.

THE SAN DIEGO CONVENTION CENTER

DAILY PASSES

THE LINES 

THE FANS (OHMYLIFE, THE FANS)

THE STARS
\

ABSOLUTELY INSANE, BUT SO MUCH FUN.

*A funny story from The Con:  Julie and I walk onto the Convention floor and as far as the eye can see, there are people, people and more people.  We struggle to muscle our way through the masses, holding tight to one another's shirts in order to not be separated.  We both stop and take in the hordes around us.   I notice Julie seems a little tenser than usual.  I state, more than ask, "You don't like crowds, do you?"
"No, no I do not like crowds."
"Ummm, remind me again why we brought you here?"
"I have no idea."

No comments:

Post a Comment