Pages

Tuesday, June 11

179 DAYS

Last school year, I had a tradition of taking a picture once a month of my classroom calendar.  When this most recent school year started last August, I wondered what I could do to document the time passing.

And from that thought process... the Weekly School Outfit Picture was born.

It began simply as a way to see how long I could go without repeating a work outfit (and yes, I repeated outfits, I promise!). When I realized I had kept it up for an entire semester, there was no stopping the daily selfie (and I know, I can't believe I just used the word "selfie").

As silly as this may sound, I have never been so dedicated to a project as I was to taking a picture of my outfit every school day.  I was so faithful, in fact, that even when Brother Chris was visiting from out of town and sleeping in my study (the location of The Really Big Mirror), I threw a towel over his head at 7:30am, turned on the light and scooted his AeroBed out of the way in order to get in front of the mirror.  Like I said, dedicated.

Anyways.  It was a fun little project, as was this past school year.  Actually, this past school year was more than fun.  It was awesome.

The second year of teaching was both easier and harder.  Still love it, though.  Still love my school and my students.  Still love my fellow teachers.  Still love that I learn and discover and experience something new everyday.  Still love that I can see the hand of the Lord in my life in the form of miracles and blessings.

the First Day... and the Last Day.

To wrap this school year up in style, I made a video of my year-long project.  A few things that I love about this video:
  • watching my hair grow
  • appearances by Bailey Baby
  • the piles of papers that stay in the same place for days and weeks at a time
  • "teacher face" (KHW - you know what I'm talking about!)
  • the disappearing furniture
  • wardrobe creativity (the key: scarves!)

Enjoy.  Happy Summer, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED it! These are the kind of projects I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN! I like the Texas hoodie the very best. :)

    ReplyDelete