Pages

Tuesday, August 28

"This WILL BE the semester!"

It's midnight.  The first day of school starts in 8 hours.  I am already exhausted and wondering how I'm going to survive this year.

In a way, I feel more prepared than I did last year.  But then again, I am teaching more classes this year; I have more preps (8 in total, but who's counting?).  And more preps means more stress.

I can handle stress, but what I can't handle is when the stress makes me feel like I am losing my mind, like I will never be able to get in front of all the "stuff" that has to be done.

And there is a lot of "stuff" to be done.

But, as I have learned time and time again, everything manages to get done, one way or another.  I don't really know how, but things get taken care of.  Also, I am really good at making things up as I go along.  I always have some sort of plan, but the miracle is that the plan actually gets executed, with usually favorable results.

Obviously, someone is looking out for me, because there is no way I would be able to do this all on my own.

Okay.  My back is aching, my eyes are glazing over and I think I am about as ready as I ever will be for the first day of school.

Wish me luck.  Say a prayer for me.  And for the children.  Man, I love those children.

And in the immortal words of Mary Randall: "This WILL BE the semester!"

No comments:

Post a Comment