Pages

Sunday, August 26

SPS: Isaiah 55:8-9

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

I had a wonderful weekend in Portland, witnessing the wedding of my very best friend Joanna to the most wonderful Chris.  Before the actual ceremony, the brother performing the sealing made a comment that immediately touched my heart and made me think of this scripture from Isaiah.

He said that Joanna and Chris "had been walking towards each other" all their lives.

I love this thought, both for its imagery and its truthfulness.  And I love how this thought relates to this scripture.  We might have our own thoughts, our own plans, but I have learned through many experiences - some painful, some not - that Heavenly Father's thoughts and plans are much, much better.  And He will lead us through His ways, on His path until we end up where we need to be.

This applies not only to marriage, but to every aspect of our lives.  Careers, friends, talents.  One way or another, we are walking towards what we need in order to have the ultimate joy and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, thanks! I DO feel like we have been walking towards each other. Too bad we didn't run - we could've been married a lot sooner....

    ReplyDelete