Pages

Tuesday, July 3

"I could've been at a barbecue!"

Fourth of July is my favorite holiday.  And as such, I have a couple of traditions, one of which I've been enjoying this evening while working on some stuff for school.


Independence Day.  Such a classic film.  Does it make me really old to say I remember seeing this in the theaters?  Because I do.  And it makes me feel really old.  But whatever.  I love this movie.  So many good lines.

My favorite line, as Will Smith drags an alien across the desert:

"You know, this was supposed to be my weekend off.  But noooo.  You got me out here dragging your heavy a** through the burning desert, with your dreadlocks sticking out the back of my parachute.  You've gotta come down here with an attitude, acting all big and bad.  And what the h*** is that smell?!  Aaah!  I could've been at a barbecue!"

And the speech at the end?  I tear up every time.  No shame, people, no shame.


So excited for food, fireworks and my favorite Fourth of July tradition tomorrow!
Can you guess what it is?  Probably not... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment