Pages

Tuesday, July 3

3 POWs: "Take 'em to the chorus..."

Listen to one.  Listen to two.  Listen to all 58.  Just listen and love.

05.12.12 - Under Construction

  1. Call Me Maybe, Carly Rae Jepsen - "before you came into my life, I missed you so bad"
  2. Live to Rise, Soundgarden - "like the sun we will live and die, and then ignite again"
  3. Gonna Get Over You, Sara Bareilles - "I'll be alright, just not tonight, someday"
  4. Somethin' 'Bout a Truck, Kip Moore - "and lord have mercy, it's a beautiful thing, ain't nothin' 'bout it luck, there's somethin' 'bout a truck"
  5. Eyes Open, Taylor Swift - "everybody's waiting for you to breakdown, everybody's watching to see the fallout"
  6. I Can't Not Love You, Every Avenue - "I'm bracing myself for collision, in the backseat of my heart's decision... the further I run from you baby, the closer I get to the truth"
  7. Philadelphia, Parachute - "she thought that love was gonna fight, she thought that love was gonna take her home, she thought that love was gonna save her, but love just never showed"
  8. Amelia, Tonight Alive - "wish you were here, but it's becoming clear, that Earth's just not the place for an angel like you"
  9. For You, Keith Urban - "and the answer rang out clear, from somewhere up above: 'no greater gift has man, but to lay down his life for love'"
  10. Carry On, Fun. - "may your past be the sound, of your feet upon the ground"
  11. Hurt, Johnny Cash - "if I could start again, a million miles away, I would keep myself, I would find a way"
  12. Standing In Front of You, Kelly Clarkson - "you said yes and danced before, and got your feelings hurt"
  13. These Times, SafetySuit - "these times will try hard to define me, but I will hold my head up high"
  14. A Place Only You Can Go, Needtobreathe - "oh, I know this song won't do, enough to prove my love to you, in my heart you'll always know, there is a place only you can go"
  15. Llovera, Mia Maestro - "no, no, Romeo, no, no, no me dejes ver tu vida fue gestada ya"
  16. Only Love, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - "what don't kill you make you stronger, it's only my soul, it's only my heart, and it's only love"
  17. Abraham's Daughter, Arcade Fire - "then the angel asked her what her name was, she said, 'I have none'"
  18. Wanted, Hunter Hayes - "I wanna call you mine, wanna hold your hand forever, never let you forget it, yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted"
  19. Tha Mo Ghaol Air Àird A' Chuan, Julie Fowlis - "her heart was breaking with love, when I took her by the hand, 'wipe your eyes, your love is safe, I have returned to you from the high seas'"
06.20.12 - Work, Then Play
  1. Breath of Life, Florence + The Machine - "I was looking for a breath of life, for a little touch of heavenly light, but all the choirs in my head say no"
  2. Two Black Cadillacs, Carrie Underwood - "it was the first and the last time they saw each other face to face, they shared a crimson smile and just walked away, and left he secret at the grave, and the preacher said he was a good man, and his brother said he was a good friend, but the women in the two black veils didn't bother to cry"
  3. Demons, Imagine Dragons - "when you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it's where my demons hide, don't get too close, it's dark inside, it's where my demons hide"
  4. It's Good to See You Again, Scott Alan feat. Marcus Paul James - "but since we're here, I think it's time we talk about things, talk about the past and pain, people change, life's too short to live in anger, it's time to forgive"
  5. The Ruler and the Killer, Kid Cudi - "listen to me, keep your mind on the mission, remember you belong to me"
  6. After the Storm, Mumford & Sons - "and there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears, and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears"
  7. Nothing to Remember, Neko Case - "and I'm ashamed that I don't have a heart you can break, I'm just action, and other times reaction, all I own are the strides I spend to the finish line"
  8. Hands Down, Dashboard Confessional - "my hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me, so won't you kill me, so I die happy... hands down this is the best day I can ever remember"
  9. Blown Away, Carrie Underwood - "shatter every window 'til it's all blown away... 'til there's nothing left standing, nothing left of yesterday, every tear-soaked whiskey memory blown away"
  10. There Tonight, Every Avenue - "all this pain from missing you, it's just too strong, all I want is just to be there with you, baby, it's true, I'd give it all up for you, it's the least I could do"
  11. Kingdom Come, The Civil Wars - "fly high across the sky from here to kingdom come, fall back down to where you're from, don't you fret, my dear, it'll all be over soon, I'll be waiting here for you"
  12. It's Time, Imagine Dragons - "the path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell... it's time to begin, isn't it? I get a little bit bigger, but then I'll admit, I'm just the same as I was, now don't you understand, I'm never changing who I am"
  13. Why Am I the One, Fun. - "go on, go on, go on, if you were thinking that the worst is yet to come, why am I the one always packing up my stuff?"
  14. Six Weeks, Of Monsters and Men - "alone, I fight these animals, alone, until I get home"
  15. The Best I Can, Jake Owens - "despite my good intentions and my best laid plans, all that's outta my hands, so I'm just tryin' to do the best I can"
  16. Forever and Always, Parachute - "she tries to keep a straight face as she walks into the room, she sits by his bedside, holds his hand too tight, they talk about the kids they're gonna have and the good life, the house on the hillside, where they would stay, stay there forever, forever and always"
  17. See You Again, Carrie Underwood - "sometimes I feel my heart is breaking, but I stay strong and I hold on, 'cause I know I'll see you again, this is not where it ends, I will carry you with me"
  18. Gone, Ioanna Gika - "what brings us together is what pulls us apart, gone our brother, gone our heart"
  19. Burial On the Presidio Banks, This Will Destroy You - (instrumental)
06.29.12 - Moving On
  1. POWERLESS, Linkin Park - "and you held it all, but you were careless to let it fall, you held it all, and I was by your side, powerless"
  2. Cough Syrup, Young the Giant - "if I could find a way to see this straight, I'd run away to some fortune I should have found by now, and so I run now to the things they said could restore me, restore life the way it should be"
  3. Titanium, David Guetta & Sia - "I'm bulletproof, nothin' to lose (fire away, fire away), ricochet, you take your aim (fire away, fire away), you shoot me down, but I won't fall, I am titanium"
  4. Over, Blake Shelton - "If I could light the world, we could sit and watch it burn, we could fall asleep inside the glow, so tell me what I gotta do to win you over"
  5. Los Angeles, Peter Bradley Adams - "and you held us in your city lights, when our eyes had lost the stars, and we made our peace with lonely nights, and you healed our broken hearts, well, they say the Big One's gonna come, and you will fall into the sea, we will know that then your work is done, and your angels will go free"
  6. Into the Open Air, Julie Fowlis - "and now these walls come crumbling down, and I can feel my feet on the ground, can we carry this love that we share into the open air?"
  7. Wide Awake, Katy Perry - "I'm wide awake, not losing any sleep, I picked up every piece and landed on my feet, I'm wide awake, need nothing to complete myself"
  8. Fall Apart, Every Avenue - "I want you to fall apart like I did, you to hurt for all of this, all the pain you put me through, I wanna hear you say, 'I don't deserve you'"
  9. Somebody's Heartbreak, Hunter Hayes - "a minute with you is better than two without... if you're gonna be somebody's heartbreak, if you're gonna be somebody's mistake, if you're gonna be somebody's first time, somebody's last time, baby, be mine"
  10. Glad You Came, The Wanted - "the sun goes down, the stars come out, and all that counts, is here and now, my universe will never be the same, I'm glad you came"
  11. Barton Hollow, The Civil Wars - "miles and miles in my bare feet, still can't lay me down to sleep, if I die before I wake, I know the Lord my soul won't take"
  12. Honestly, Kelly Clarkson - "face me, make me listen to the truth even if it breaks me, you can judge me, love me, if you're hating me, do it honestly"
  13. Learn Me Right, Birdy and Mumford & Sons - "we will be who we are, and they'll heal our scars, sadness will be far away"
  14. Out On the Town, Fun. - "I was out on the town, so I came to your window last night, I tried not to throw stones, but I wanted to come inside, now I'm causing a scene, thinking you need a reason to smile, oh no, what have I done?"
  15. One Engine, The Decemberists - "and I'd like to get you in some kind of way, some kind of trouble in some kind of way"
  16. You and Me, Parachute - "if it was you and me against the world, you get the car, I'll get the cash, we'll take the money and run"
  17. White Fences, Needtobreathe - "you leave me in the dark, recounting all my sins, you put words in my mouth, put who is gonna mend, these white fences"
  18. Stranger, SafetySuit - "if I say it like wanted would you ever believe me, say it like I wanted would you ever just need me... I can't be the only one that you aren't thinking of"
  19. Over You, Miranda Lambert - "it really sinks in, you know, when I see it in stone, 'cause you went away, how dare you, i miss you, they say I'll be okay, but I'm not going to ever get over you"
  20. What Sarah Said, Death Cab for Cutie - "as each descending peak on the LCD took you a little farther away from me... but I knew you were a truth I would rather lose than to have never lain beside at all... and then the nurse comes round, and everyone will lift their heads, but I'm thinking of what Sarah said that 'love is watching someone die,' so who's going to watch you die?"

No comments:

Post a Comment