Pages

Sunday, April 1

1st Quarter Report

Is it seriously already April? Three months have already come and gone in 2012? Please pardon me while I assess my goals thus far this year...

12 GOALS FOR 2012
  1. Increase in faith and trust in the Lord through regular prayer and gospel study. Still working on this one, but I have never relied so heavily on the power of prayer so much in my life as I have in the past three months.
  2. Attend the temple at least twice a month.  Attended twice in January, but only once in both February and March.  I think I get extra credit, though, because the temples I went to in February and March were in Utah and London, respectively.  Spirit points for making the temple a priority even while traveling, right?
  3. Survive first year of teaching.  Outcome still unknown, but chances of survival are looking good.  Only nine more weeks.  Not that I'm counting or anything...
  4. Remain employed to have a second year of teaching.  Already signed my contract for next year.  Done and done.
  5. Make it out alive of the Ragnar Relay: Wasatch Back for the second year in a row.  Ugh.  Only thirteen more weeks until the insanity begins.  Must get back on track with training.
  6. Train for and complete a half-marathon. See above.
  7. Read more books, especially non-fiction and classic literature.  Have already read two excellent non-fiction books (reviews to follow) and my three English classes are keeping me busy with the classic literature.
  8. Keep a reading journal.  A work in progress.
  9. Make at least one major road-trip. Sadly, this goal has been met.  Not the way I wanted it to be, but I did complete a three-day cross-country road-trip in January to help Z's family move to their new home in Maryland.  Glad to have made the trip, sad to have made it without him.
  10. Take at least one vacation to some place new.  Spring Break in London was fantastic, but since I've already been there, I don't think it counts.  Oh, well.  Must plan another vacation!
  11. Be brave and adventurous.  Honestly, I haven't been feeling very brave and adventurous lately.  I'm hoping that changes as the year progresses.
  12. Don’t be afraid to take chances.  Same as above.  I think I just need more time.  
Last year's word was LEARN.
This year's word is SERVE.  Funny, I thought I was going to be the one doing the serving.  But events being what they are, I have never been more grateful to be the recipient of service.  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

It's gonna be a good one.  I can feel it.  My initial reaction to this statement I wrote at the beginning of the year is to laugh, but I can't.  I know that Z will always be a part of me, and it will take time to heal and understand why he has been called home at this time, but I still have hope that this will be a good year.  I still have hope that good things will come and I'll have more happy days than sad days in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment