Pages

Wednesday, March 28

just the opposite, pt. 2

i started the day with tears in my eyes.  i'm ending the day with a smile on my face.

at church i work with the young women, ages 12-18.  tonight, i was asked to play chauffeur for a group of a young women (the laurels, ages 16-18), who were meeting at one building and needed to be driven to another building for a combined activity with other wards.

after the activity, we piled back into my truck (we might have had an additional passenger, making our number one more than the truck should comfortably seat... but i told the girls not to tell anyone or else i would be fired).  with 5 giggly girls in the truck (plus 1 giggly girl-at-heart driver), i rolled down the windows and turned up the volume.  the six of us preceded to sing at the top of our lungs...

"well, some nights i wish that this all would end, 'cause i could use some friends for a change
and some nights, i'm scared you'll forget me again, some nights, I always win, I always win
but i still wake up, i still see your ghost, oh lord, i'm still not sure what i stand for, oh
what do i stand for? what do i stand for? most nights, i don't know...
"

and then we really got rockin' (while stopped at a stoplight, no less)...

"this is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from me, no
this is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from me, no

throw your sticks and your stones, throw your bombs and your blows, but you’re not gonna break my soul
this is the part of me that you’re never gonna ever take away from me, no
"

nothing makes me more happy than a group sing-a-long, especially a group sing-a-long with teen girls.  they're the reason why i became a teacher.

thank you, thank you, thank you to such a special and fun group of girls.  love, love, love.


No comments:

Post a Comment