Pages

Saturday, December 24

Dear Mr. Santa,

This has been a wonderfully weird (or weirdly wonderful?) year. Let's do a quick recap:

  • Successfully completed a semester of student teaching.
  • Graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a (second) bachelor's degree in English and my high school teaching certification.
  • Survived the Ragnar Relay: Wasatch Back.
  • Spent a Summer (and Fall and now Winter) with Mother.
  • Became gainfully employed as a high school English and Spanish teacher.
  • Fell in love with love.
  • Became officially certified to teach Spanish in the state of Texas.
  • Fell in love with teaching.
  • Lost sleep and, apparently, my appetite.
  • Made new friends.
  • Finally reached an understanding and an acceptance of who I am and how I am.
  • Realized that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, even if I am not able to see it or understand it at the present moment.
Through all of my experiences, trials and challenges this year, I can honestly say that I've tried my best to be a good girl.  I guess you'll be the judge of that, but I want you to know that I've tried.  I might not be 100% successful all of the time, but I always try.

I don't want or need much in the way of presents this year. Just a few special requests, if it's not too much trouble:

  • A life-size My Pretty Little Pony
  • A year's supply of completed lesson plans and assessments
  • A vacation to parts unknown
  • A passing score for all of my students on TAKS
  • A special someone (aka Mr. Wonderful)
  • Another 15 lbs. gone without any effort on my part
  • A real-life adventure
Would any of that fit on your sleigh tonight? If yes, that would be great.  If no, then I understand.  There are probably a lot of people out there who need your gifts more than I do.

Well, I hope everything goes well tonight.  Wishing you a merry, merry Christmas Eve.  Send my love to Mrs. Claus and the reindeers.

Love, Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment