- Successfully completed a semester of student teaching.
- Graduated from The University of Texas at Austin with a (second) bachelor's degree in English and my high school teaching certification.
- Survived the Ragnar Relay: Wasatch Back.
- Spent a Summer (and Fall and now Winter) with Mother.
- Became gainfully employed as a high school English and Spanish teacher.
- Fell in love with love.
- Became officially certified to teach Spanish in the state of Texas.
- Fell in love with teaching.
- Lost sleep and, apparently, my appetite.
- Made new friends.
- Finally reached an understanding and an acceptance of who I am and how I am.
- Realized that Heavenly Father has a plan for me, even if I am not able to see it or understand it at the present moment.
I don't want or need much in the way of presents this year. Just a few special requests, if it's not too much trouble:
- A life-size My Pretty Little Pony
- A year's supply of completed lesson plans and assessments
- A vacation to parts unknown
- A passing score for all of my students on TAKS
- A special someone (aka Mr. Wonderful)
- Another 15 lbs. gone without any effort on my part
- A real-life adventure
Would any of that fit on your sleigh tonight? If yes, that would be great. If no, then I understand. There are probably a lot of people out there who need your gifts more than I do.
Well, I hope everything goes well tonight. Wishing you a merry, merry Christmas Eve. Send my love to Mrs. Claus and the reindeers.