Pages

Sunday, April 24

Sit and Be

Bailey Baby and I have developed a routine over the past few weeks.

Every evening, just around bedtime when I'm unwinding from the day's activities, lounging in my La-Z-Boy and enjoying a bit of television before lights out, Bailey leaps up onto my lap, makes herself comfortable and just lies there while I stroke her back and rub her tummy.  I call it our "sit and be" time.  We simply sit together... and be.

I think everyone needs to take time each day to just sit still and be.  Enjoy the moment for no other reason than the fact that you are able to sit still.  It's soothing and pleasant.  A time for meditation and reflection.  And it's a great way to take time to count your blessings.

It also reminds me of one of my favorite scriptures:

"Yea, for this cause I have said: Stop, and stand still until I command thee, and I will provide means whereby thou mayest accomplish the thing which I have commanded thee."
(Doctrine and Covenants 5:34)

Our "sit and be" time only lasts for a little while, but I look forward to it every night.  Since Bailey Baby spends her entire day just sitting and being, I'm not sure if she enjoys our time together as much as I do.  I like to think that she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment