Pages

Sunday, November 7

FSOTD: "The Perfect Space" by The Avett Brothers

More musical magic from The Avett Brothers. Probably one of my favorites from their album "I and Love and You." 

Listen and love.


I wanna have friends that I can trust, that love me for the man I've become, not the man that I was.
I wanna have friends that'll let me be all alone when being alone is all that I need.

I wanna fit in to the perfect space, feel natural and safe in a volatile place.
And I wanna grow old without the pain, give my body back to the earth and not complain.

Will you understand when I am too old of a man?
And will you forget when we have paid our debt?
Who did we borrow from? Who did we borrow from?

Okay part two, now clear the house.
The party's over, take the shouting and the people, get out!
I have some business and a promise that I have to hold to.
I do not care what you assume or what the people told you.

Will you understand when I am too old of a man?
Will you forget when we have paid our debt?
Who did we borrow from? Who did we borrow from?

I wanna have pride like my mother has, and not like the kind in the Bible that turns you bad.
And I wanna have friends that I can trust, that'll love me for the man I've become, not the man that I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment