Pages

Thursday, October 28

FSOTD: "If It's the Beaches" by The Avett Brothers

I'll be going on about this band for a while, but for the time being I'm obsessed with this song. It's heartbreaking. It's beautiful. It's heartbreakingly beautiful. And sweet. And just plain awesome. The Spanish-like guitar, the violin, the piano, the lyrics. I love it. Hope you love it, too.

And like I said, I'll be talking more about this amazing band. I have yet to be disappointed by any of their music. (RR - I think you mentioned this band to me many moons ago... but a special thank you to RP for a proper introduction to the awesomeness that is The Avett Brothers.)


Listen
and love.




Don't say it's over 'cause that's the worst news I could hear
I swear that I will do my best to be here just the way you like it
Even though it's hard to hide, push my feelings all aside
I will rearrange my plans and change for you

If I could go back that's the first thing I would do
I swear that I would do my best to follow through
Come up with a master plan, a homerun hit, a winning stand
A gaurantee and not a promise that I'll never let your love slip from my hands

If it's the beaches
If it's the beaches' sands you want then you will have them
If it's the mountains' bending rivers then you will have them
If it's the wish to run away then I will grant it

Take whatever you think of while I go gas up the truck
Pack the old love letters up
We will read them when we forget why we left here

No comments:

Post a Comment