Pages

Saturday, April 24

PTP: "The Scenic Route"

This Pick a Theme Playlist probably needs an explanation.

I took a drive this afternoon - a wonderful drive, a beautiful, soul-rejuvenating, wind-in-the-hair, sunny-day drive. It was awesome. Instead of my usual fare of hard-rockin', sing-at-the-top-of-my-lungs, blow-the-speakers-out music, I opted for something a little different.

All of the songs on this playlist have what I like to refer to as "The Slow Build." They start off slow, mellow, acoustic... then slowly build, increase tempo and volume, add percussion and instrumentals... until the moment where it finally breaks out into a gut-wrenching sound that usually brings a tear to my eye. Simply beautiful.

For some reason today's drive needed a soundtrack with Slow Build songs.

So if you ever need to just escape for a little while, take the scenic route and listen to these songs. You won't regret it.
  1. Shattered, Trading Yesterday
  2. Konstantine, Something Corporate
  3. One Man Drinking Games, Mayday Parade
  4. I Can't Decide, There For Tomorrow
  5. Glitter In the Air, P!nk
  6. Everything, Lifehouse
  7. Stigmatized, The Calling
  8. Hands In the Sky (Big Shot), Straylight Run
  9. The Moment I Said It, Imogen Heap
  10. Remembering Sunday, All Time Low
  11. Why I'm Home, Go Radio
  12. Motorcycle Drive By, Third Eye Blind
  13. If We're All Alone, Aren't We In This Together, October Fall
  14. Burn the Night Away, There For Tomorrow
  15. You Be the Anchor That Keeps My Feet On the Ground, I'll Be the Wings That Keep Your Heart In the Clouds, Mayday Parade
  16. Your Guardian Angel, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

No comments:

Post a Comment