I am, obviously, not a bat. Therefore, I should not be spending my nights wide awake. If only.
Last night, in the 2+ hours that it took me to fall asleep, instead of counting sheep I made the following (mental) accomplishments:
- Sang I'm a Child of God about ten times.
- Composed several emails that need to be sent and letters that need to be mailed.
- Created the menu for Friday night's party.
- Thought of several old friends that I should look-up on Facebook.
- Visualized my morning's workout.
- Started writing the rough draft of my narrative essay due next week.
- Made a grocery list for the aforementioned menu for Friday night's party.
- Tried to get the lyric "Given the chance, I'm gonna be somebody" out of my head (curse you, KOL).
- Decided to write a blog post about the above (mental) accomplishments.
Somewhere in the middle of making my 5-year plan, I think I finally drifted off to sleep... only to be rudely awakened by an alarm clock at 6am.
I am exhausted today.