Pages

Monday, November 23

Best 6 Minutes of My Life...

Pianist Jon Schmidt created this arrangement of Taylor Swift's Love Story for his 7-year old daughter Sarah, and paired it with Coldplay's Viva La Vida. Seriously the most amazing thing I have ever heard in my life. The first time I listened to it, I had trouble breathing starting around the gradual build-up at 3:15. And then at 3:43 he makes the transition from Love Song to Viva La Vida and I just about lost it. So, so, so beautiful. The two songs fit perfectly together, plus the cello is my favorite string instrument. And the man is a genius - fingers like lightening on those piano keys. Let me know what you think - I hope y'all enjoy it as much as I do!

(for some reason the version on his Bonus Tracks album is slightly different from the one in the video. Both are excellent, but I prefer this video version - more powerful.)

2 comments: