Pages

Thursday, September 17

Why haven't I done this before?

So I brought my laptop with me to campus today and while I was struggling to pay attention in my Philosophy of the Arts class (no offense to the professor), I decided to head on over to Anthro.com and do a little day-dreaming.

As I was perusing their lovely Home accessories, I started to add things to my shopping bag, just to see how much it would cost to turn my dreams into a reality. Now I have a friend who seems to be the Queen of this and I now understand why she does it so often - IT'S SO MUCH FUN. Also a little depressing (because hey! who has that kind of money?!), but fun all the same. And it helped me pay attention to our discussion on Aristotle and Nietzsche. Funnily enough, today's class was a continuation of our discussion on why we enjoy tragedy.

Well, I think I learned the lesson for today.

FANTASY RETAIL THERAPY = CATHARTIC

Here is my complete shopping bag:
  • S&P Shakers
  • Orimono Pillow, Stripe (2)
  • Orimono Pillow, Vines (2)
  • Odds & Ends Tray
  • Pressed Sunflower Pillar Holder, Aqua
  • Pressed Sunflower Pillar Holder, Yellow
  • Patinated Pillar Holder
  • Repeat Bloomer Bathmat
  • Mantelpiece Mirror
  • Penny Candy Jar
  • Appellation Utensil Jar
  • Keep Calm and Carry On Rug
Grand Total = $1385.95

(thank you, Noelle, for sharing this lovely activity with your readers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment