Pages

Tuesday, November 4

If the soundtrack is any indication...

...the movie is going to be AMAZING*.

Even before being on the soundtrack, "Supermassive Black Hole" from Muse was an awesome song and now it is even cooler. I also love the the Linkin Park track, "Leave Out All the Rest." Collective Soul is a '90s classic, so of course I love any of their songs. I am still trying to decide if I like the tracks by Rob Pattinson (aka Edward Cullen). His voice reminds me of a very slurred Damien Rice or Jeff Buckley. I'm having a hard time understanding the lyrics, but I think once I do figure out what he's singing, I'll like the songs ("Never Think" and "Let Me Sign") a whole lot more.

And, for the record, I am in love with Paramore. I think Hayley Williams' voice is so hauntingly beautiful (similar to Evanescence's Amy Lee's voice). And their music is just plain awesome. I mean, songs don't really get any more rock-out-like-crazy amazing than "Misery Business." Both of the songs that they contributed to the soundtrack ("Decode" and "I Caught Myself") are great.

And judging by my reaction to the below music video for "Decode," I think I am going to literally pass out during the movie. I just get too giddy and excited. Like, squealing and gasping and jumping-up-and-down-in-my-seat excited. Sigh.

GOSH DARN IT, EDWARD!
WHY AREN'T YOU REAL?!?!?!


(*I should probably not get my hopes up too high, though, because the last time I fell in love with a movie soundtrack before seeing the movie, I was utterly devastated at how terrible the movie was. It was the soundtrack that introduced me to Evanescence, Saliva and Revis. The movie? Daredevil = ONE OF THE DUMBEST MOVIES EVER MADE. Great soundtrack, but a waste-of-two-hours-of-your-life movie. I am hoping and crossing my fingers that Twilight does not disappoint...at least not too badly. Because, seriously, how can anything be as amazing as the book was the first time you read it, and you first entered the world of vampires and you were introduced to the AWESOMENESS that is Edward Cullen?! Yeah. No movie can ever top that.)

1 comment:

  1. I'm extremely hesitant to become excited about this movie. It just has too much potential to crash and burn, because you're right - nothing can ever match up to the awesomeness of the books.

    But I'm hesitantly hopeful anyway. I haven't listened to any of the music yet - I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete