Pages

Sunday, November 16

The Chase Is On...

After a week of not seeing Chase (aka The Reader)at the bookstore, he finally came in on Thursday. It was actually kind of funny - I was at the upstairs info desk helping another customer and I see him walking towards us. I was so surprised by his sudden appearance that my mind went blank and I sort of stopped saying whatever it was I was saying to help the customer and was completely silent for a couple of seconds. I then remembered what I was doing and finished with the other guy. And where was Chase? Directly in front me, looking at books in the New In Science Fiction bay. He had his back turned towards me, which was probably a good thing because I was grinning like an idiot. Yes, I know, I am a little silly. I went around the desk to shelve a book that went in the bay right next to where he was and like an idiot I lamely asked him "Can I help you find anything?" What I wanted to say was "Can I give you my phone number?!" Anyways. He politely said, "No, I'm good" and then I went back downstairs to the main info desk. Of course, I made up excuses the rest of the evening in order to go upstairs and walk by the couches where he was sitting and reading. Sigh. He's so handsome when he's reading. He also came in on Friday...to read. Maybe next week I'll say something witty and memorable and actually find out his real name. Although I really do like the name Chase...and as long as I am writing our love story, he's going to have to be happy with what I give him. So take that, Chase. It's your own fault for not having the courage to talk to me yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment