Pages

Thursday, October 9

Too Much Information...

So I've been working a lot lately and let's just say that there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done - eat, sleep, watch my shows, blog, read, exercise, stare into the abyss....

Anyways! So this blog post is dedicated to all those over-sharers...

In my current job, I work with some wonderful people - all very nice and fun to work with. I have noticed, however, that there are people out there (you know, in the universe) who feel the desperate need to share and explain EVERYTHING that is going on in their lives to an almost complete stranger (ie: me, their co-worker). I ask a simple question or make an innocent observation or make a random comment, and all of sudden, without any encouragement from me, 10 minutes later, I know not only their entire life story, but the life stories of near and distant relatives, the travel plans of their in-laws, their entire medical history and what the latest medical advice is concerning certain illnesses/diseases, their current living situation, the reason why they have requested days off.....and another 5 pages of information that I DID NOT need to know.

Now, I am all for opening up to people to allow them to get to know you better. However, there is a limit to the things you should share when you are merely co-worker acquaintances. You should know that it makes the other person (ie: me) uncomfortable when all of a sudden they are privy to the most intimate details about your life.

So please, people, let's all share and get along....but just don't give away the farm too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment