Pages

Thursday, October 30

That was a little ridiculous...

Thirty-six hours and a whole bag of Carmel Hershey Kisses later, I am finally done "updating" my layout.

I spent a good four hours yesterday trying out different templates that I had downloaded from various sites, but I didn't like any of them. Then I got the brilliant idea to make a little collage of photos and images for my header, thinking that it wouldn't take me too long to put everything together in Adobe Illustrator and then upload a JPEG to the layout. I should know by now that I am not capable of doing anything quickly when it comes to Adobe publishing programs. I spent six hours last night putting together my "little collage" (enter the bag of Hershey Kisses), playing around with different fonts and designs and layouts. Then there was the problem of figuring out how to convert an Illustrator document to a JPEG. I thought I could saved it as a PDF, then convert it to a JPEG, but after trying and failing several times, I had to figure something else out. Fast forward to this morning before work - I realized that I could convert it into a JPEG right away by "exporting" the file. But then there was an issue with the colors when I uploaded it on Blogger...yadda, yadda, yadda...I finally figured out how to do it.

And, of course, during this whole process my computer is moving as slow as molasses (J&R - I totally know now how you felt with your old computers!) - for some reason my laptop does not like opening the Adobe Publishing programs...or saving any of the work or doing anything else related to Illustrator, InDesign and PhotoShop.

But whatever. It finally worked and it's all done! I'm actually really happy with the way it turned out. It's pretty self-explanatory - basically me, in a nutshell.

(Bonus points to the person that can name the artist and song source for all of the quotes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment