Pages

Wednesday, October 1

I fell for "The Fall"...

"Are you trying to save my soul?"

Excellent, excellent movie starring the handsome Lee Pace, the gorgeous Justine Waddell and the incredibly talented then-nine-year-old Cantinca Untaru. My best friend Rachel had seen it and recommended it to me. I was a little hesitant at first, only because it was an independent film with a questionable rating (I don't watch movies with questionable ratings), but she assured me that the rating was completely unfounded. A couple of weeks ago, I went through a Lee Pace Obsession (seriously, can the man be any more handsome?), and after one particularly long workday, I decided to throw caution to the wind and curled up on the couch with my latest needlepoint project and watched "The Fall" in what I can assume is the only way to watch such a visually stunning movie: on a 72-inch HD television with surround sound. BEST. MOVIE. EVER. The story is original and captivating. The actors deliver very moving performances. The photography of the film is amazing. They filmed in 26 different locations in more than 18 different countries around the world. The costumes and the colors are bright and bold. Minimal (if not non-existence) violence, no swearing, no inappropriate scenes. And, again, the story is really, really good.

I realize I am no film critic, nor do I pretend to be, but this particular movie really moved me. It's just a really beautiful and well-made film. So, I thought I would pass the message along....

No comments:

Post a Comment