Pages

Tuesday, December 14

Waking up is hard to do...

I finished with school about week and a half ago (yay!).  Since then I've been cleaning, organizing, shopping... and working.  A lot of working.  And I work in the evenings, which means I don't get home until midnight.  When I get home, even though I'm exhausted, it usually takes me at least an hour to wind down.  So I'll watch an hour of television.  And then maybe read for a bit.  So by the time I'm done getting ready for bed, watching TV, scriptures & prayers, and finally reading my latest YA novel, it's usually 2 am.  No, I lie.  3 am.  I always set my alarm for a respectable hour in the morning, say 8 or 9 am.  Yeah, that never happens.  For the past week I've been waking up to turn off my alarm around 9ish, but I don't actually get out of bed until 10 or 11.  No, I lie again.  Noon.  Yep.  I've been sleeping in until noon almost everyday for the past week.

Does that make me a bad person?

I'm gonna say no.  School is over.  I have no other real responsibilities.  I run everyday.  The house is staying clean.  Almost all of my Christmas shopping is done.  Plus, at the end of this week I will be heading home to Dallas (hallelujah!) to spend the holidays with the whole family.

So yes, waking up is hard to do.  Which is why I've decided to embrace the sleep while I still have the opportunity to enjoy it.

And in the immortal words of J&R: "My bed is my best friend."

4 comments:

  1. I still say that. Every night. Even to myself. Because it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep while you can I say! Once you have those "real responsibilities" (i.e., kids) you will be sleep-deprived for a very long time!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I LOVE your blog banner! That is the freakiest snowman I've every seen!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "my BED,,,is my BEST FRIEND!" And television is my boyfriend. Bwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete