Pages

Sunday, December 19

Be Aggressive!

Be Aggressive!  B-E A-gres-sive! B-E A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E!

I've come to the realization that I am an extremely aggressive driver.  Especially when the speed limit allows me to hit 60+ mph (but who am I kidding?  My favorite speed is 80).  And then when you factor in the fact that I'm always running late and rushing to get somewhere on time... yeah.  It's not a good thing.  Even in my truck I'm an expert lane weaver and I can read the surrounding cars like a book.  I know how to get around the five slow cars in front of me without having to wait for them all to move over.  Another contributing factor to my aggressive driving is the music I listen to when I'm trekkin' down the road.  No soft pop or easy listening for this girl.  Give me some loud alternative rock and let me sing at the top of my lungs and I am one happy (fast) driver.

I say all this to acknowledge the facts while at the same time admitting that I should probably slow down and calm down when I'm driving. (J&R: "Everybody just CALM DOWN.")  Even though my record is pretty clean (no (major) accidents and only a few tickets (because, hey, no one is perfect!)), it would behoove me to be a little more cautious on the road.  But I think this can only be accomplished if I can cure my perpetual lateness.  And maybe listen to hymns or Conference talks when I drive.

So in the spirit of the (almost) New Year, I've already started my Resolutions List:

1. Be on time
2. Slow down

And if those two goals prove impossible:

1. Don't die


A funny story (sort of) related to the above...  As I was driving to Dallas yesterday I was talking to Brother Jason on the phone.  At one point the call started cutting out (no bars on I-35 = sadness), so I started with the customary one-way conversation: "Jason!  Can you hear me?  Can you hear me now? Jason!  I think I've lost you.  I can't hear you.  Can you hear me?  Can you hear me now?  Jason?  Jason!  Ahhhh!"  I let out a loud yelp and the call finally cut off.  I waited a minute or so and then called him back.  As soon as he answered he started yelling at me: "Don't ever do that to me again!  I heard you scream and then the call cut off!  I thought you had crashed and died!"

We laughed (ie: I laughed) for a good long while after I explained what had happened and reassured him that I had not crashed and died.  So funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment