Pages

Saturday, November 20

4 out of 5 doctors agree...

A text conversation I had with Sister Julie earlier this week:

Julie: 30 seconds to mars is playing in Dallas January 23, you should go!
Me: That's a Sunday :(
Julie: Fiddlesticks.
Me: Indeed. How did the wood shop go?
Julie: I still have my fingers but I think my lungs are now lined with sawdust.
Me: Sawdust, huh? Yeah... I got no cure for that.
Julie: I do. A five day break with lots of food.
Me: Ah, yes! The amazing healing powers of stuffed turkey and pumpkin pie!
Julie: Four out five doctors recommend it :)

I couldn't have said it better myself. Can't wait to spend Thanksgiving with the siblings (minus one (sadness)) in Tucson. Just have to get through the next three days. And then drive to Dallas. And then not miss my flight on Wednesday morning...

Unfortunately, I don't have a good track record of catching early-morning flights. And if I miss this one, there will be no one (ie: Dad) around to help me out (ie: work his magic with the American Airlines people and get me on a later flight). And why will no one be around? Because two individuals who shall remain nameless have decided to abandon their children on this most festive of holidays and spend a week in Hawaii. But I'm not bitter. Nope. Who needs a week-long vacation in Hawaii? Not me. Good riddance to them, I say.

(Just kidding, Mom!  I love you both!)

Joking aside, though, I'm excited for this little calm before the storm known as finals comes, well, storming into my life. Because there is no stress, struggle or school assignment that turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie can't cure.

Seriously. Four out of five doctors agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment