Pages

Sunday, July 25

2 down, 3 to go

  • On Psych this week, Dule Hill finally got to show off his mad tap-dancing skills. It made me happy. As did this quote: "Dude, all your permanent teeth are in, okay? We're playing for keeps now."
  • Come next May, I think the deciding factor of where I choose to accept a teaching position will be the weather.  I just don't know if I can take much more of this humidity - it makes me cranky and I don't particularly like being cranky all the time. Which means, Dallas/Fort Worth - you are a top contender right now.
  • As I was walking to class on Friday morning, I found a quarter on the ground.  A seemingly meaningless experience, yes, but for some reason it made me smile.  I think it reminded me of the magic and innocence of childhood: Find a penny, pick it up, and all day you'll have good luck. Somewhere along the path to adulthood and the supposed maturity and wisdom that goes along with it, I think I've lost some of that childlike wonderment and unabashed belief that you can have good luck all day. Or rather, that luck even exists. Maybe I've been jaded by too many disappointments, too many wishes that never came true, because I sometimes find myself having a very cynical outlook on life: Why try? It'll never happen anyway. Why make the effort? I'll never achieve that goal. Why bother? Dreams are for suckers. Not my everyday attitude, of course, but sometimes these thoughts will just creep up on me and stay in my mind for a couple of days.  Which is why, on Friday, finding that 1985 quarter on the ground made me smile.  Yes, there is luck. Yes, there is magic and wonder.  And yes, dreams do come true.
  • Saw Salt over the weekend and I was fairly impressed.  Not as mind-blowing as Inception, but still worth the price of admission.
  • As I drove to San Antonio (really early) on Saturday morning, a thick fog covered parts of the I-35 freeway.  I was half-tempted to pull over on the side of the road and wander into one of the fields of mist on the off-chance that my Mr. Darcy was waiting for me. *sigh* In the end, I decided to stay in the car and keep driving.
(San Antonio Temple)



  • It's amazing to me that a single packet of Peanut M&Ms automatically makes everything all better :)

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for fantastically framed photos, and for the Florence and the Machine plug (that's another band you've converted me to).

    ReplyDelete