Pages

Wednesday, November 25

Turkey Day Countdown: #1

Today I am grateful for STARTING OVER.

The past four months have been rough. And by rough I mean incredibly difficult. And by incredibly difficult I mean unbearable. And by unbearable I mean at least once a week I have wanted to give up, crawl under a rock and die.

For some reason I was behind from the very start of the semester, and I never was able to get ahead of anything. I felt like I was constantly playing catch-up; but by the time I finally caught up to wherever I was supposed to be, I was so physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted that I would promptly break-down again. And then the vicious cycle would start all over again.

Add in several personal crises, a stolen vehicle, getting sick and you have a recipe for disaster.

And that's what I feel like my life is right now = A disaster. A mess. So not what I thought it would be.

I am ready to acknowledge all of my failings and weaknesses, and take responsibility for my actions. I accept the consequences.

However, I am also ready to acknowledge that it is not the end of the world. My life is not completely ruined. I've had some setbacks, hit a couple of roadblocks, but I can get my life back on track. I will get my life back on track. I can start over and move forward.

I might be a little late arriving at my ultimate destination, but the most important thing to remember is that I will arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment