- Haven't Met You Yet, Michael Bublé - This song gives me hope. And makes me want to dance around my kitchen.
- Kings and Queens, 30 Seconds to Mars - I don't agree with their politics, but they make brilliant, rock-out-in-your-car-at-maximum-volume music.
- Tell Me I'm a Wreck, Every Avenue - A great little find and the inspiration for the title of this week's playlist.
- Still Breathing, Mayday Parade - New album came out last week. Not as life-changing as A Lesson In Romantics, but still amazing.
- Playing God, Paramore - Why can't I have fabulous flaming-red hair like Hayley Williams?
- Fear, Evans Blue - I was actually looking for another song with "fear" in the title and came across this one.
- Have a Little Faith, Michael Franti & Spearhead - Incredible. Inspiring. Lovely. A BEAUTIFUL cover of a classic song. Brings me to tears.
- Dao of St. Paul, Third Eye Blind - 3EB never fails to disappoint. Will always occupy a special place in my music heart.
- It's My Life / Confessions, Pt. II, Glee Cast - This show is... great? I don't really know how I feel about it. It has its funny moments ("Offensive."), but on the whole I find it kind of off-colored and not representative of wholesome, uplifting entertainment. I will concede that the music is ah-mazing. The songs should come with their own warning label: DO NOT CONSUME WHILE WEARING HEADPHONES AND IN THE PRESENCE OF OTHER PEOPLE. YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE SUDDEN URGE TO SING AT THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS AND BREAK OUT INTO CHOREOGRAPHED DANCE MOVES. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR IN CIVILIZED SOCIETY.
- Anthem of Angels, Breaking Benjamin - I believe I have made my thoughts on BB abundantly clear, so there is no need to belabor the point. However, I will only add that I LOVE THIS BAND.
- What If, SafetySuit - Awesome band. Every single song on their Life Left to Go album is sing-along worthy.
- Undisclosed Desires, Muse - In the immortal words of Charlie Pace, they are "bloody rock gods."
- All the Right Moves, OneRepublic - Not exactly the best band to listen to live, but they definitely know how to make great music in the studio.
- (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To, Weezer - "If you want to destroy my sweater..."
- Falling Out of Love, The Age of Information - Great recently-discovered band.
- You'll Find a Way (Switch & Sniden Remix), Santigold - Seriously, the Fame soundtrack rocks my socks.
- Further, Long-View - Many thanks to R for turning me on to this British band.
- The Silence, Mayday Parade - Nothing but love.
- Shake Me Like a Monkey, Dave Matthews Band - Their latest studio album is a fitting tribute to dearly-departed band mate LeRoi Moore, saxophone player extraordinaire and the original "GrooGrux King."
Wednesday, October 14
Special Edition POW: "You Say That I'm a Mess"
And what makes this POW so special? It comes with editorial commentary...