Pages

Sunday, September 13

"Just exercising my Second Amendment rights..."

This past week our good friend Dan took Mel and I to the range to teach us (aka Mel) how to shoot a gun. Fun was had by all. Dan has quite an impressive arms collection (which is understandable since he spent 7 1/2 years in the Army and now works at a gun store) and let us try out his .40 and .45 H&Ks. He also brought along some serious military-grade rifles. For the record, I am not a big fan of rifles. Too big and too powerful for my tastes.

Near the end of our shooting session, I left the actual gun gallery to give my eardrums a rest and check out the different 9mms they had on display. The gentleman who was helping me was very kind and very knowledgeable. At one point he asked me what my purpose was for being interested in buying a handgun, if I was in the military or something of the like. I politely said, "No, not military. Just exercising my second amendment rights." He smiled at me and said, "Thank you! Good for you. That's what we like to hear."

Like I said, fun was had by all.

I will admit, Mel looks pretty scary here. Future career as a sniper? You never know...

You see that perfect headshot?
That's right: Don't mess, people. Don't mess.

1 comment: