Pages

Saturday, July 4

"And I'd gladly stand up next to you..."

"...and defend her still today, 'cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A."

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

(more pictures from my trip to DC)

Arlington National Cemetery
Battle of the Bulge Memorial - Grandpa fought in this battle
Marine Corps War Memorial (aka Iwo Jima Memorial) 
Lincoln Memorial
Mount Vernon - Washington's ancestral home
Jefferson Memorial
The Capitol Building
Lady Freedom sits on top of the Capitol
For Dad - Where was Key when he wrote the Star-Spangled Banner?!
Washington, DC Temple at night - During the Eisenhower administration, the Church was asked to turn the temple lights off at night to conserve power.  The Church complied until the FAA called and asked them to turn the lights back on because the pilots use the temple as a land marker when they are flying in at night.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

And I'm proud to be an American
where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died
who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you
and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land
God Bless the U.S.A.

(Lee Greenwood)

No comments:

Post a Comment