Pages

Thursday, May 24

Huh, so this is what blogging is...



I've never done this before, so we'll see where this leads.

I gave a presentation in my class today about creating online word-of-mouth buzz (hence the bee!) and consumer-generated media for new products and ideas. I realized in the middle of my presentation that I was really excited about this - the technological advances of the Internet can make it so easy for an organization to raise awareness about their services or create buzz about their product. The question is, of course, how exactly can a company benefit from new media? What types of new media should it be involved with? How does the new media help them reach their target audiences?

As I was thinking about all this, I had the sudden urge to get involved with new media myself. I have FaceBook and MySpace pages, but I never really do anything with them - they are just out there in cyberspace. Something that I have never tried before, though, is blogging!

And here we are! Again, we'll see where this leads...

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to be a regular on your blog Katie...hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete